Policy engagement is one pathway to impact, but how can you get your research in front of the right policy actors, at the right time and in the right way?
These workshops are aimed academic staff and doctoral researchers undertaking policy-relevant research and embarking on their policy outreach journey, new to Sussex or just interested in finding out more. Each workshop is the same and follows a three-part format, with emphasis on discussion and practical exercises:
- An overview of policymaking and the UK national policy environment and processes
- Stakeholder mapping: who could be interested in (and has the power to use) your research?
- How to pitch your research to policy (and other non-academic) audiences
The workshops are delivered by Charlotte Humma, Research Communications Manager in the Business School and Business Manager for the UK Trade Policy Observatory.
- 17th March, 10.00-12:00, Freeman Building, Moot room
- 25th March, 13:30-15:30, Pevensey 2D11
- 27th March, 12:00-14.00, Arts C 333
- 31st March 09.30-11.30, Fulton 203
If you want to attend one of these workshops, please sign up via this Google form before Friday 14th March.
Charlotte will then send you a Calendar invitation – please accept this to confirm your place in the workshop.
In order to make it worth everyone’s time and effort, each workshop will only run if a minimum of 12 people have registered for that date. Your acceptance of the calendar invitation is considered as your firm commitment to attend the workshop.